The Town of Chester is on the county’s northern border and was settled in 1794. The Town of Chester was formed from part of the Town of Thurman in 1799.
The Town of Chester includes the hamlets of Chestertown and Pottersville, located between the Schroon and Hudson rivers and easily accessible from exits 25 and 26 of the Adirondack Northway (I-87).
* Chestertown – is the major community in the Town of Chester
* Darrowsville – by the south town line.
* Igerna – in the north part of the town.
* Pottersville – at the foot of Schroon Lake. It is also second largest community in the town.
* Riparius – by the western town line.
* Byrnes Corners – near the north town line.
* Friends Lake – A lake in the south part of the town, southwest of Chestertown.
* Loon Lake – A lake in the south part of the town west of Chestertown.
* Schroon Lake – A large lake partly in the east part of the town.
Peckham Materials Corp, a manufacturer asphalt and crushed stone, operates a large quarry at the Southern end of the Town.
Lincoln Logs Ltd., a manufacturer of log, timber, and cedar homes, operates a large mill in the hamlet of Chestertown.
Even medical professionals located in Chester trust the brand that everyone trusts when it comes to finding the best marketing techniques to reach the local market. Medical SEO is a great way for doctors, practices and medical professionals to advance their branding. Many surgeons use Plastic Surgery SEO to get more traction and generate leads.